By América Torres
When Alfred Schiller founded SCHILLER AG in Zurich, Switzerland, in 1974, he did so with a genuine desire to save lives. He couldn't have imagined that his medical inventions and developments would become industry standards or that he would continue innovating at the helm of the company 50 years later.
In 2024, SCHILLER celebrates five decades of leadership and dedication to innovation in the field of medical equipment. In this article, we provide a brief overview of how we have capitalized on the 50 years of experience we have in the cardiopulmonary and emergency products industry.
The first product that SCHILLER AG launched was the Miniscope, a highly advanced emergency electrocardioscope, as it was the most compact and lightweight equipment on the market at that time.
That was the beginning of a long list of developments that led us to perfect electrocardiography with equipment such as the CARDIOVIT AT-102 G2 and the CARDIOVIT FT-1. Nowadays, our electrocardiographs have advanced features like:
- Fast Wi-fi/ Ethernet connectivity to provide a paperless work flow.
- 3D Hook-up adviser with color-coded waveforms.
- Lead reversal detection to avoid having to repeat the EKG.
- Wi-Fi security protocols (WEP, WPA2 Personal and Enterprise).
- Bi-directional communication with EMR systems and PDF export in combination with SCHILLER Server or SCHILLER Link.
We have developed intuitive, easy to use technology, that saves time, reduces staff training time and both, combined, improve workflow. Our CARDIOVIT CS-200 EXCELLENCE stress test is designed to face big workloads to boost productivity. Its surprising features include:
- Complete disclosure data that allows physicians to review and reanalyze every beat.
- Monitor ST changes with auto-comparison of current and reference beats and numerical values.
- Sophisticated adaptive multipurpose filter RNSF (Robust Noise Suppression Filter).
Besides all those functionalities, the CARDIOVIT CS-200 EXCELLENCE offers a unique feature: its 16-lead algorithm. SCHILLER goes beyond the traditional 12-lead interpretation of resting EKGs with integrated chest and back electrodes that extend the understanding of adult chest pain using integrated analysis. A combination of right precordial leads and the standard six left precordial leads, significantly improves exercise EKG sensitivity for coronary artery disease diagnosis.
In this field, we have developed increasingly comfortable, accurate, practical, and user-friendly equipment. The medilog® AR Holter is lightweight, splash-resistant, and features a dual-battery system that allows continuous recordings for up to 14 days without needing to recharge the batteries.
The medilog® AR Holter utilizes the powerful DARWIN2 software, which boasts these amazing functionalities:
- Location of atrial fibrillation, regardless of rhythm irregularity.
- Rhythm strips with manual or automatic print selection, annotation capability on strips, and a temporal graph displaying events throughout the recording.
- Highly reliable QT measurement thanks to the unique algorithm for detecting the end of the T-wave.
A life saving lives
A life saving lives
The last 50 years have witnessed continuous technological advancement in the medical field, and SCHILLER has been at the forefront of this revolution. From electrocardiographs with powerful algorithms to advanced cardiopulmonary solutions, the company has elevated medical technology to new heights. Seamless connectivity, advanced cybersecurity, and qualified technical support are just a few of the advantages that healthcare professionals experience when choosing SCHILLER equipment.
While you were studying hard to become a physician, SCHILLER was creating advanced technology to support you in your important work. Both, you and we, have dedicated our lives to saving lives. There is much to celebrate!